● 8 Stemmler’s Roadhaus Burgers
● 4 Fresh Baked Pretzel Buns
● 4 Pcs Stemmler’s Smoked Pork Jowl
● 1⁄2 Cup Applewood Smoked Cheddar (Shredded)
● 1⁄4 Cup Caramelized Shallot & Onion Confit (purchased at Stemmler’s)
● 4 Tbsp Oatshine BBQ Sauce (ChefScottyCooks)
● 1 Tbsp Salted Butter (melted)
● 4 Pcs Buttery Greens (Boston Bibb or Green Leaf)
● 4 Slices Tomato seasoned with Salt & Pepper
● 4 Stemmler’s Garlic Dill Pickles
● 1 Cup Coleslaw (store bought or make your favourite one with sweetened dressing)
Serves 4 People (30 min prep/ 1 hr total cook time)
Make the coleslaw to your liking with a light vinaigrette. Refrigerate. Slice the Pork Jowl and place in
hot pan. Cook on each side for about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place on paper towel. Add
the shallots and cook in the same pan. Once they are golden brown and soft, remove from the pan.
If you are cooking the burgers inside, add to the same pan and season with your favourite spice.
Otherwise, cook them on the bbq. Once they are finished add the shredded cheese to melt. Place
the Pork Jowl Bacon on top. Repeat this to make a double burger! Place the shallot and onion confit
on the bottom, then the burger and top with lettuce/tomato. On the inside top of the bun, add the
Oatshine BBQ sauce then brush the top with melted butter. Serve with pickles and the slaw.
For more information on Chef Scott Yates please visit : chefscottycooks.com