- 1 Stemmler’s Frenched Crown Pork Roast (Special Order) 10LB
- 1 LB Ground Pork
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Leek (White End Quartered and Finely Chopped)
- 1 Crispy Apple (local) peeled and chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 1⁄2 Cup Chopped Kale
- 1⁄4 Cup Stemmlers Smokin Good Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Sage (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme (chopped)
- 1 Tsp each Salt & Pepper (divided)
- 2 Tsp Montreal Steak Spice (divided)
Serves 6-8 People (15 min prep/ 1.5 hr total cook time)
1. Pull meat and let sit at room temp for an hour. As that's happening, saute the leeks in the olive oil and melted butter. Let them become soft then add the garlic & apple as well as 1⁄2 Tsp of each Spice. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat. Add 1⁄4 cup of the wine and let reduce for another 2 minutes. Set aside to let cool.
2. Open the Crown Roast and make some slits along the meat near the bones to spread the rack open a bit more. Mix another tsp of each spice plus half of the fresh herbs and the olive oil then rub the outside of the roast. Rub some on the inside as well. This will be now be used to hold the stuffing. In a separate bowl mix the ground pork, the smokin good sauce, the rest of the fresh herbs, kale, cooled leek/apple mixture and the rest of the seasoning. Mix well and lay between the bones and on top of the roast. Cover the ends of the bones with foil only to prevent them from burning. Place on a wire rack inside the roasting pan and pour in 1 cup of chicken stock. Place in preheated 300F oven.
3. While this is roasting prepare your side dishes. Brussel Sprouts, Roasted Potatoes...whatever you want.
4. After 90 minutes, use a probe thermometer and please make sure it reads an internal temperature of 150F. When that temp registers, remove from oven, remove from pan, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Pour the liquid from the pan into a measuring cup. Skim the fat. With the roasting pan on the stove top, turn on hi and then add the rest of the wine. Let reduce for a couple minutes then add the rest of the pan juices plus the rest of the chicken stock. Thicken with a little cornstarch (2 tbsp plus 2 tbsp water). Let simmer and thicken.
6. Carve the roast. Serve with side dishes and pan gravy. Enjoy with your favourite Apple Chutney!!